The Market for Tiger
Products on Taiwan
- Anonymous. 1979. Chinese Medical Encyclopedia (ZhongGuo
YaoXue DaZiDian, in Chinese).
- Anonymous. 1981. Encyclopedia of Chinese Materia Medica. vol 3. (Zhong
- Anonymous. 1984a. 7th tiger slain, NT$300,000 profit on skin and bones.
China Post, November 20.
- Anonymous. 1984b. Will 8th tiger go to slaughter? China Post, December
- Anonymous. 1984c. Tiger's eyes dimmed as slaughter draws gaze of spectators.
China Post, August 21.
- Anonymous. 1984d. Most tigers are killed in secret. China Post,
- Anonymous. 1986. Chinese tiger slaughtered, auctioned off in Pingtung.
China Post, January 27.
- Anonymous. 1990a. Confidential conversation with a tiger owner.
- Anonymous. 1990b. Thugs attack circus keepers after starving animals reports.
China Post, June 16.
- Anonymous. 1991a. 5 tiger poachers arrested in Nepal. Xinhua News Agency,
- Anonymous. 1991b. Tiger and Orangutan kept in residential building. United
Daily News, January 18.
- Anonymous. 1991c. Former circus owner found not guilty in animal cruelty
case. China Post, April 28.
- Anonymous. 1991d. Tiger penis tonic: lots of strange stuff on the table.
China Times Evening Express, November, 1991.
- Anonymous. 1992a. Poachers' Work. Honolulu Star Bulletin, 28 October.
- Anonymous. 1992b. Identity withheld at interviewee's request. November.
- Anonymous. 1993. A meal fit for the emperor. China Post, December.
- Baird I. and Sly M. 1992. Wildlife Trading in Vietnam. Report on
investigations in February -March.
- Bernton H. 1993. Open Borders Bring Peril for Rare Tiger. The Washington
Post, January 3.
- But P.P.H., Lung L.C. and Tam Y.K. 1990. Ethnopharmacology of rhinoceros
horn. I: anti pyretic effects of rhinoceros horn and other animals horns.
Journal of Ethnopharmacology (30) 157-168.
- Dharmananda S. 1986. Chinese Patent Formulas . In: Fratkin, J.
Chinese Herbal Patent Formulas: A Practical Guide. Boulder, CO: Shya Publications:
- Day M. and LaBudde S. 1993. Tiger Trust - Earth Island Institute investigation
findings in Taiwan and SE Asia in 1991-1992.
- Jackson P. ed. 1989. Wildlife Trade News. Cat News, July: 19.
- Jackson P. 1990. Endangered Species: Tigers , p. 93-95.
- Jackson P. ed.1991. Editorial: Into the Abyss - Will the Tiger Follow
the Rhinos? Cat News, July: 1.
- Jackson P. ed. 1992a. Poaching Reported in Russian Tiger Reserve. Cat
News, September: 20.
- Jackson P. ed. 1992b. Tigers Threatened in Vietnam. Cat News, March:
- Jackson P. ed. 1992c. Poaching for bones threatens the world's last tigers.
Cat News, September: 2-3.
- Laurie A. 1989. Proposal to survey the remaining population of South
China Tigers. Unpublished paper submitted to WWF Hong Kong.
- Low J. 1991. The smuggling of endangered wildlife across the Taiwan
Strait. TRAFFIC International. Cambridge UK, 24 p.
- Li S.J. @ 1570. Compendium of Materia Medica (Ben Cao Gang Mu)
- Martin E. B.1992a. The poisoning of rhinos and tigers in Nepal. Oryx
(26) 2: 82-86.
- Martin E.B. 1992b. Wildlife Trade Booms in Laos. Wildlife Conservation.
- Rabinowitz A. 1991. Estimating the Current Abundance of the Indochinese
Tiger, Panthera tigris corbetti in Thailand.
- Sievers S. 1992. Amur Tiger Conservation. Sacred Earth Network, Animal
Welfare Institute, 11 October.
Return to The Market for Tiger Products in Taiwan:
Return to Endangered Wildlife Initiative's main page
Return to Earthtrust's main page