The Flipper Foundation
- Created to expand the scope and effectiveness of the Flipper
Seal of Approval program.
- Established and incorporated in 1992.
- The main function of the Flipper Foundation is to provide
funding for those tax-exempt organizations that work to protect
marine mammals. The main source of this funding is fees derived
from the licensing of the Flipper Seal of Approval to tuna companies,
once they meet the Flipper Seal's licensing
- Organized as a "supporting organization"--a special
type of IRS tax-exempt organization.
- Board of Directors
- Five members total: 3 designated and 2 elected, 3 conservationst
and two from tuna industry
- President: Donald White
Flipper Foundation Board Members in early 1995:
Craig Van Note, Brenda Killian,
Don White, and Dave Phillips
Windward Environmental Center
1118 Maunawili Road
Kailua, HI 96734 USA